Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekly Standard confronts a Winner and Associates Astroturfer


If you haven't read The Jawa Report's expose on alleged Astroturfing by Democrats to smear Sarah Palin, then you should read it now.

Those who have read it will get a kick out of this.

John McCormack of The Weekly Standard has contacted one of the alleged Astroturfers with hillarious results.

A YouTube video that appears to have been produced by the PR firm Winner & Associates falsely claims Sarah Palin is a member of the Alaskan Independence Party. Shackleford has evidence that Jared Liu-Klein, an Associate at Winner & Associates, posted this video on website DemocraticUnderground.com more than a week after reports of Sarah Palin's membership in the party had been debunked.

I just spoke with Liu-Klein on the phone and asked him about the matter, but he said that he would have to get back to me later. I gave him my email address and asked if he could give me a simple yes or no answer if he had ever posted a video on the Internet about Sarah Palin and the Alaskan Independence Party. Liu-Klein replied: "I'll have to get back to you as soon as I can." Then he hung up the phone. I'll post Liu-Klein's response if and when I get it.


UPDATE Ace has a LOL observation

I wonder if Liu-Klein realizes that as the lowest man on the totem poll here, he's the obvious fall-guy: "We regret an overly eager employee decided to hijack our YouTube accounts for his own unauthorized political purposes..."