Thursday, February 14, 2008

The CBC shows its solidarity with Danish cartoonists

Maybe they didn't get Michelle Malkin's memo.

From Ezra Levant.

CBC's The National finally did a news item on the human rights complaint. It was a good enough news report, though I couldn't help but wonder if the CBC would have waited so long to do a story, and given it such perfunctory coverage, if it had been one of their own producers who had been summoned before a government investigator. But it was fair enough, and the quote from Alan Borovoy of the Canadian Civil Liberties Association was excellent.

What stuck in my mind, though, and still makes me shake my head, is that the CBC "pixellated" an image of one of the cartoons when they flashed a shot of a Danish newspaper. In a story about freedom of speech -- pegged not just to my own human rights interrogation, but to death threats against a Danish cartoonist -- the CBC opted for self-censorship.

No comments: