Syed Soharwardy, president of the Islamic Supreme Council of Canada, and the man who has filed a human rights complaint against Ezra Levant for publishing the Mohammed cartoons is organizing a Muslim women's convention in Calgary.
That would be the same Syed Soharwardy who is the subject of a human rights complaint himself from Muslim women at a mosque.
As Ezra reported the women allege in their complaint:
We were discriminated as women and were treated poorly, differently, negatively and adversely by the Directors and Officers of Al-Madinah Calgary Islamic Centre, Islam Supreme Council of Canada (ISCC), Muslim Against Terrorism (MAT), Al-Madinah Dar-Ul-Aloom Ltd and Al-Madinah Calgary Islamic Assembly. In this meeting we were treated diferently from men in the following manner:
· Abusive language uttered towards us;
· Not permitted to ask any questions;
· Danied participation as equal members of the Muslim community;
· Physically and verbally threatened; made to sit in the back of the hall;
· Accused of disrupting and subotaging the proceedings;
· Forced to vacate the pemises;
Followed-up by obscene and threatening phone calls and letters in the mail.